Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
A Development Engineer Mechanical:
- Takes part in the integrated creation process of LED Electronics R&D.
- Participates in the creation of project briefs and functional requirements document.
- Responsible for the mechanical design and engineering of LED Electronics products (LED modules and Smart Electronics).
- Creates and evaluates mechanical concepts and studies their feasibility, responsible for the mechanical concept choice(s) taking into account integral cost, development time and quality.
- Masters mechanical stress simulation techniques and/or tools
- Guards BOM and selects most suitable production/ manufacturing process for the key mechanical parts.
- Maintains network of suppliers.
- Responsible for mechanical engineering of most feasible mechanical concept(s) for LED Electronics product(s) in multi-disciplinary project team through integrated product creation process (design).
- Performs the necessary mechanical calculations, tolerance analysis, FMEA and PMEA on the product (analyze).
- Selects the appropriate materials, orders, build and evaluates prototypes to validate the mechanical function (s) (measurements).
- Develops appropriate test plan for the mechanical design and release of product (agreed in QTP – Quality Test Plan) and tooling with supplier (verification).
- Assumes, together with the project team, responsibility for the mechanical system integration of functions (optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical) in the product).
- Creates design rules and shares learning’s over the functional axis and assumes responsibility for leverage over the functional axis.
- Functionally takes ownership in the (mechanical) function and platform creation for LED Electronics products (LED modules and Smart Electronics).
- Judges the development risks and takes ownership to land the technology building blocks created in pre-development in development.
- Maintains together with the functional team the technology roadmap or at least contributes timely with input. Build network within Lighting to leverage technology building blocks, platforms across BGs.
Candidates who share our passion to improve people’s live. Our ideal candidate has on top:
- Mechanical, optical, thermal or electronic engineering (master degree or equal by experience)
- Maintains and improves own knowledge.
- Knowledge in thermal, optical and electrical basics is a pre.
- Organizational talent, team player
- Masters simulation techniques and tools
- Xperience with NX (Unigraphix)
- Brings knowledge in outdoor proofing of luminaires and electronics
- Is able to give input, initiate and specify mechanical needs for future mechanical function building blocks, when needed takes part in the relevant pre-development projects and develops the relevant know-how
The LED Electronics Category resides in the heart of the LEDification drive of Philips Lighting and its customers. You will work together with the TPL (Technical Project Leader) and are in the lead for the realization of the product and is responsible for the creation of the relevant technical drawings and mechanical specifications especially for make parts. You will be part of LED Electronics R&D team. The location of the job is High Tech Campus Eindhoven.
Lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. With Connected Lighting, we create value beyond illumination for our customers. Do meaningful work, while the whole world is lighting up and be a part of creating innovation, because it’s the diversity of ideas of our people that inspires the innovation that runs through the whole world of lighting. Be a part of creating innovation, because it’s the diversity of ideas for our people that inspires the innovations that runs through the whole world of lighting. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.