Philips: Innovation & You
Over de functie
For the organization Philips Personal Care, Innovation team Male Grooming and Male Skin Care, department Product Research Center, we are looking for a Sensory Scientist.
You will be working for the Male Grooming category which covers shaving, grooming and skin care products. Your challenge is to continuously improve test methodologies based on the demand for business grow. To ensure this, you have to drive improvements on sensory and statistical level, are eager to learn and have strong drive for results. You consult to and work with cross-functional teams, translating business requests to research objectives. Leverage sensory insights with clear and actionable recommendations, link sensory data to consumer test results to identify strengths and weaknesses of our products. Create and share knowledge to build capability of other team members.
Innovation Personal Care in Drachten has adopted a challenging growth strategy, all based on developing relevant consumer products “To Look and Feel Your Best Every Day”.
To realize our goals we need to create innovative concepts and technologies and intensively invest in people and equipment. In this, being consumer centric is the key. Linking in with the situation, habits and needs of consumers all around the world helps us in developing products that fulfill the Philips Brand promise “Innovation and You”.
The Product Research Center (PRC) plays an active role in contacting consumers and understanding their needs. The PRC focuses as part of a multidisciplinary team on development of the desirable product experience in Shaving, Grooming and Male Skin Care, by performing a range of explorative, qualitative and quantitative research with our own sensory panel or through external research agencies. You have to translate the customer delighters and detractors into clear user requirements.
Manage sensory testing in support of shaver product development and other categories
- Schedule, set up and conduct in-house sensory tests.
- Arrange product logistics
- Analyze data collected.
- Write reports to summarize testing.
- Maintain database of sensory panelists
- Manage rewards program.
- Train panel on a regular basis
- Lead panel during sessions, give instructions to panelists
- Maintenance of laboratory infrastructure:
- Maintain the supply of lab materials and equipment.
- Lab equipment: advice on needs, look for best supplier, order equipment under project manager supervision
- Maintain and improve standard operating procedures
- Provide support to product development projects.
- Drive improvements on test methodologies
- Support project teams with test set up and analysis
- Present reports to summarize testing
- Advice on test set up
- You have a Master degree in a sensory discipline, food science or are trained as sensory specialist by training on the job and you have strong interest for statistics. Work experience in a R&D environment is a preferred, but not a must. You are a team player with strong influencing and communication skills.
- Preffered you have advanced skills in SPSS, Minitab, EyeQuestion and R.
- Working in a complex environment excites you, and you have a passion for entrepreneurship. There is no travel required in this position and part time employment (90%) can be discussed. Working hours are flexible as panel discussions are held in the evening.
- You have 3 to 5 years’ experience in product research, consumer science, industrial design, psychology or a product development.
- An authentic and open personality
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Conceptual and analytical skills: you should be able to process a range of different data
- A curious orientation towards consumers and customers: you have an outward focus
- Excellent planning skills: you should know how to manage your advisory role in the project team
- A proactive attitude: you should be able to take the lead and proactively represent the end-user in our innovation processes.
- A passion for consumer products
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
. Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients,.We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Personal ,Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.