Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised
Over de functie
The Software Test Engineer prepares and executes system level tests, for both functional as well as non-functional aspects (including the analysis and submission of found problems). You will prepare and execute objective, reproducible and maintainable tests (system integration, verification and validation tests) in an agile environment. Defining requirements and approach of test automation on system level.
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started May 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing the Philips Ultra Fast scanner for microscope tissue slides and am Image Management System within a Healthcare Informatics environment. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture is now expanding in North America, Europa and Asia. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with Digital Pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best pathology scanners, Image Management System and workflow solutions available.
When you walk into work you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 330 employees spread across 8 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an “early joiner” to the Philips Emerging Businesses family which plans to expand itself by approximately 700 members in the next 3 years. The Software Test Engineer works closely with the Development/Test Automation Engineers and is part of the development team.
Based on your professional specialization, you can make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. Developing new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
As Software Test Engineer you will be acting in the following areas of responsibility:
- Writes test specifications based on system requirements.
- Executes tests during several phases of a project.
- Performs test execution during verification and validation phases.
- Assists development where possible in analysis of reports
- Based upon knowledge/test experience, extends set of test cases and sets up new test specifications.
- Translate test strategy within the domain area into technical solutions for testing.
- If necessary, performs feasibility studies with respect to testing as well for functional as non-functional items.
- Performs studies and makes recommendations with respect to usage of new test techniques, methods and tools.
- Provides Test Manager with test approach information regarding technical implementation.
- Able to act as test manager
- Determines technical approach of tests within the project (test design).
- Executes test design activities within the project in order to select and apply test methods and techniques to design test specifications and related test scripts.
- Specifies requirements for system test tools, to support automated testing but also test engineering in general.
- Reviews Requirements and Design Specifications with respect to test-ability of the system.
Educational and experience requirements
- Bachelor (BSc) in software engineering or equivalent
- Experience in the field of software testing complex technical system or technical product
- Knowledge of product development process such as V-model, Agile, SCRUM
- Experience with functional and non-functional tests such as performance, scale-ability and load tests.
- Detailed understanding of Test Design and Test Techniques & Methods.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Alexander Crepin via telefoonnummer +31 683 890 747
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.