If you think that the internet has changed your life, think again. The IoT is about to change it all over again!” — Brendan O’Brien
Over de functie
Are you the embedded software architect with in-depth knowledge of connectivity, home automation and IoT technologies and platforms? Would you like to focus on challenging and breakthrough innovations? Can you bring innovations from conceptual phase to development in an Agile way, using state-of-the-art frameworks supported by an architectural level of thinking? Then join us!
For this role we are looking for an embedded software architect who is passionate about using state-of-the-art concepts and technologies and is able to shape applications and bring innovations to life. Let us challenge you with exciting projects, offering the possibility of applying and extending your areas of expertise.
- Explore and develop new concepts, connectivity options, features and applications for Philips Hue connected lighting system;
- Investigate different alternatives for realization and create clear option analyses to use in internal reviews
- Build embedded proof-of-concept prototypes and PC tools for experimenting, demonstration and concept validation;
- Closely work together with colleague software, hardware and system architects on new innovations in an agile way of working;
- Take responsibility for leading development projects with minimal supervision including assisting and mentoring less experienced engineers;
- Ensure that there is proper documentation;
- Contribute to the definition and strategy of the departments research program;
- Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment with your team peers.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A MSc or PhD in computer science or another relevant area
- For this (Senior) Software architect position we require multiple years (5 to 8) of preferably applied experience in the field of connected lighting, IoT or home automation, incl. affinity to the industrial research way of working
- Broad software knowledge of embedded platforms (ARM M0/3/4) and interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI)
- Understanding of (digital) electronics
- In-depth knowledge of ZigBee and Bluetooth Low Energy communication stacks. Knowledge of Wi-Fi and IP communication is a pre.
- Creative and abstract thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Affinity with algorithm development and mathematics
- Hands-on experience incl. solid programming skills, C, C++, C#
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers/clients, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical efficient working solutions
- Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly
- Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking up new areas
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Please contact me at +31 6 1076 2567 or email@example.com
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.