You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Over de functie
Are you the goal oriented engineer for multidisciplinary co-ordination of product development as a technical partner of the project leader?
The department of Research and Development (R&D) plays a key role in the continuous investments in development of new products and technologies in order to strengthen our position and differentiate our products.
As an Integration Engineer within R&D, you are technically responsible for the proper functioning and quality of multidisciplinary products. As a technical partner for the project leader you are the key person for the technical convergence between all involved disciplines, risk identification and mitigation and assurance of customer acceptance.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the multidisciplinary integration process of products during the complete development process.
- Secure functionality and quality of products concerning technical requirements and customer needs, proven by regular demonstrations, FAT and SAT.
- Pro-active co-ordination and communication with internal and external specialists, project leader and other stakeholders.
- Acquires fundamental understanding of the complete (sub)product.
- Identifies and analyses risks. Proposes creative technical solutions and uses mitigation plan.
- Responsible for system tests in the Vanderlande test facilities and active support in roll-out of new systems to customer’s site.
- You have a relevant Master degree, e.g. industrial automation, software engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, or similar.
- Relevant working experience or strong interest in Industrial Automation.
- Broad technical knowledge and/or interest in mechanics, mechatronics, equipment control software, logistics control, electronics, robotics and sensors.Experience with requirements engineering, system testing and development processes like V-model, Scrum and Agile.
- Your personal characteristics are goal focused, co-ordination, hands-on mentality, team player.
- You are able to speak, read and write in Dutch (or willing to learn) and English. German is an advantage.
- You are able and willing to travel globally for up to 20% of your time.
In the challenging and responsible position of Integration Engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. An organization which has been elected as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’ for several years in a row.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.2 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 8.8 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 14 of the world’s top 20. More than 20 million parcels (300 packages per second) are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, 12 of Europe’s top 20 e-commerce businesses and many distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Twan Mertens via telefoonnummer 06-57897304
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.