Let's do IT
Over de functie
Philips is seeking a Software Engineer with Test Engineering affinity and deep understanding of cutting edge engineering principles, who can combine both software design and test engineering abilities into feature driven development through applying an agile scrum approach in a Scaled Agile Framework deployed organization.
You are a strong proactive team player who easily adopts new techniques and domains and prefers to operate in self-steering teams, thrives on diversity in team activities and is always on the look-out for improvement and waste reduction opportunities. Focus on first time right and refactoring opportunities comes naturally to you. Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and in writing and well-developed emotional intelligence. No specific clinical cardiology knowledge required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story / feature; understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture
- Designs for (manual and automated) Testability
- Develops the work with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps and outside-in approach in mind for designs he creates.
- Develops in accordance with the features/user stories and tests, analyses and verifies their performance
- Writes test scenarios, makes design specifications, codes and for the developed modules or components
- Participates and contributes in COP (Communities of Practices)
- participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
- Identifies impediments and sorts it out (With support from SM where required)
- Collaborates, supports ,guides and mentors other team members, towards meeting team goals (Collaboration & Knowledge sharing)
- Integrates existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into the subsystem.
- Executes on definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected.
- Demonstrable experience with creating performance critical Web Services (C#), knowledge of Microsoft SQL, and demonstrable experience with MS Visual Studio is of added value.
- Demonstrable experience with test-first approaches (including ATDD/BDD/FIT & TDD) and with practicing clean-code and making use of design patterns and technical approaches that significantly reduce their cost-to-change and improve sustainability is of added value
- Expertise in various testing methodologies , tools and techniques is of added value
Knowledge , skills and education
- a university degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Engineering graduates or post graduates
- Knowledge of Agile way of working
- A working knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework is of added value.
- Ability to collaborate well in teams & across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable and self-organizing
- Proactiveness & adapting to change
- Affinity with group collaboration techniques like pairing and mobbing is of added value
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Erika Alting via telefoonnummer 06-57933248
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.