Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
Part of our R&D organization, the department Analysis (+/- 50 employees) contributes to product developments and research subjects from an expertise point of view. The department houses several specialist measurement techniques, develops and ensures sufficient knowledge on crucial subjects related to printing technologies and maintains relations with external (research) partners. Within this department you are part of the chemical analytical measurement cluster (+/- 12 professionals). This team is working closely with counterparts at product development teams on a myriad of subjects such as inks and ink components, toner, media, de-inkability and product safety.
To expand the team we are looking for a mass spectrometrist (GC-MS and LC-MS) good affinity with research and able to act independently.
The candidate will be dedicated to mass spectrometry analyses, primarily GC-MS (Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry) and secondarily LC-MS (Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry).
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the GC-MS-related research activities, both by performing measurements as well as developing new measurement methods and performing the necessary research. Proven experience and affinity with GC-MS is required.
For LC-MS, the candidate's role is a more supportive one (mainly performing measurements and analysis). Involvement with LC-MS is essential to promote synergy between both techniques, thus strengthening the identification infrastructure of the cluster. Proven experience with LC-MS is certainly an asset, but not a strict requirement (the willingness and ability to learn, is).
- A BSc degree in Analytical Chemistry or a closely related field is sufficient; however, it does need to come along with a thorough proof of expertise and research experience (5 years minimum). For a young professional (2-5 years of relevant experience), the minimal requirement is MSc.
- Profound knowledge of and experience with GC-MS is required. Experience with more sophisticated applications (e.g. GC-QTOF (Gas Chromatography Quadrupole Time of Flight)) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with LC-MS is preferred.
- To be successful, the candidate must be able to work independently and with an analytical mindset. The candidate has good communication skills and is pro active, with hands-on approach.
- Candidate has profound knowledge - verbal and written - of English and, preferably, Dutch.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
High tech company in Venlo.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Simon Hozi via telefoonnummer 06-23247281
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.