Excellent opportunity for a Text Mining Specialist at world’s leading provider of science and health information
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Text Mining Specialist at our client, a provider of professional information solutions in science and health, legal, risk management, and business to business sectors.
As a shared service serving several products (SciVal, Scopus, Science Direct), the NLP team produces a set of text analysis functionalities that provide structured semantic annotations on scientific text. One of the extraction tools is the Fingerprint Engine. The Fingerprint Engine encompasses backbone functionality for the SciVal suite and a number of other products. The Fingerprint Engine is also marketed independently and integrated in other workflows. The Fingerprint Engine functionality produces searchable indexes for unstructured information. The Engine is a multi-lingual, multi-purpose set of analytical tools that can be combined in workflows. The several critical functionalities that are used for applications are in the following:
- Extracting thesaurus concepts and ranks from unstructured or semi-structured
- Find new phrases relevant for a collection of documents
- Classify texts by identifying the scientific domain that the texts belong to
- Process, expand and prepare domain vocabularies for indexing purposes
As a Text Mining Specialist you will provide quality metrics on the Fingerprint Engine by quantitative analyses. With a strong background in programming, you will make a strong contribution to overall code quality, design, and the release process. Furthermore, as a Text Mining Specialist you will discover trends, correlations and other patterns in various sets of documents using text and data mining techniques. You will build software that discovers trends and relevant correlations between various types of data. Next, you will develop statistics-based strategies based on Semantic Term Clustering technologies and you will build models to resolve ambiguity. Finally, as a Text Mining Specialist, you will design, train and build classification models and build software that provides text classification as a service.
- Academic education in Computer Science, AI or Computational Linguistics to at least master’s degree, with 3 years of hands-on experience or otherwise proven development skills
- Strong C# knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in building applications
- Experience in working in a software development team
- Good software development skills, shown by experience
- Experience with handling of large datasets in databases (SQL) and software
- Computer literate, able to operate several computer technologies (databases, programming environments, management software, ...)
- (Preferably) Understanding of the application of Natural Language Processing techniques (HMM, NER, CRF)
- (Preferably) Able to combine NLP instruments with data mining instruments
- (Preferably) Understanding of and experience with Data Mining Techniques (SVM, K-nearest neighbours, Logistic Regression, etc.)
- Able to write practical design papers to support product development, and express and evaluate the theoretical underpinnings of the product
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
As the world’s leading provider of science and health information, our client serves more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide. A global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7000 people in 24 countries, they help customers advance science and health by providing world-class information and innovative tools that help them make critical decisions, enhance productivity and improve outcomes.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.