Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
Innovation Site Eindhoven; digital/ software. The Software and Electronics development team is responsible for the operational maintenance and predevelopment of new functions and concepts to extend the current digital portfolio with flagship propositions in the uGrow platform. Translate consumer insights and benefits into product functions and features. Verify and validate functions by building and testing prototypes and running qualitative consumer trials.
Within the Software group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Embedded Software Designer who will develop the embedded application software for current and future Philips products.
As a Senior Embedded Software Designer you are responsible for:
- Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
- The design, realization, integration, and test of embedded systems or subsystems
- Inspiring and supporting your engineering team
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
- Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists
To be successful in this program you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious. Are you the one we are looking for? You can apply for the traineeship if you:
- have recently graduated with a Master’s Degree in the directions of Information Technology, Computer Science with a focus on Digital, Internet of Things, data analysis (Big Data), Physics. You have max 1 years of work experience straight after your graduation;
- have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization;
- have international experience or an international mindset and the ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
- have project and change management skills;
- speak and write fluent English.
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across Philips, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Martijn van der Aa via telefoonnummer 06-51573734
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.