Are you up for the challenge?
Over de functie
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have experience managing large websites or services within the context of a large-scale web environment. You are able to execute and deliver projects in a high-pressure environment, without sacrificing quality. You are able to show personal initiative in identifying what needs to be done. You enjoy and want to automate everything so that you can sit back and relax! Google search is your best friend and open source repos and StackOverflow are your frequent stops.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Participating as a member of the Site Operations team responsible for management and operation of various platforms in Amsterdam.
• Building and scaling sites which provide at least 99.95% uptime.
• Identifying SPOF (Single Points of Failure) in the platform and addressing them.
• Building of automation tools/processes using multiple scripting languages, primarily Python.
• Working with the development teams in Amsterdam to guide architecture decisions based upon thorough knowledge of the infrastructure.
• Ensuring 2nd and 3rd line support for production environments, including on-call.
• Supporting delivery of changes and deployments to production, QA and development environments.
• Building, maintaining, securing and upgrading our Linux systems (web servers, application servers, and databases).
• Assessing system utilization to assist in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and capacity management.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in high-volume databases (MySQL), systems (Linux/Solaris) and networking technologies.
• Fluent with monitoring systems such as Nagios/Graphite/GDash/Grafana, etc.
• Excellent Linux administration (Debian/Ubuntu) and database administration skills.
• Install, configure, and performance tune applications written in Java/Scala/Go.
• Strong hands on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
• Experience with source control tools like git.
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals such as subnetting, VLANs, DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP.
• Knowledge of Python or willingness to learn it.
• Write, maintain, and help enforce coding standards and best practices.
• Flexible, strongly adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management.
• Passion for automation. Strive toward replacing yourself with a script.
• Fluent in English language.
Inline with current market conditions
eBay is where the world goes to shop, sell, and give
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Tobias Brandenburg via telefoonnummer 06-52777175
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.