You will only develop if you step out of your comfort zone
Over de functie
Due to maternity leave we are looking for a Product Researcher
Do you want to work on the next generation beauty devices for Philips? As a Product Researcher, you represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers’ lives. Based on deep scientific and consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that promote the health and well-being of consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
• The Product Researcher works in product development projects, in your specific case, projects for skin care and cleansing, including exciting new propositions such as Philips VisaPure and VisaCare.
• You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, Reason-to-Believe and Claims Areas.
• You collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights and requirements. You lead the search for and validation of consumer insights in the area of global skin care unmet needs - using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods.
• For these Insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed consumer needs and drivers for satisfaction.
• You contribute to the definition of product options based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs.
• You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables - going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs.
• You validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and insight and check that these are executed according to regulatory (e.g., FDA) guidelines.
We are looking for:
• Master degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering or other engineering discipline) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing.
• OR Master degree (in Social Sciences or Market Research) AND relevant experience in Technology businesses as part of a product development team.
• At least 7 years of experience in Consumer Product Research and/or Marketing, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting.
• Ample experience in the Fuzzy Front End / Value Proposition Creation, and preferably with developing digital and connected propositions.
• You have experience in agile working/scrum.
• You have applied a range of research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
• Technical understanding combined with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers.
• Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection.
• Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address consumer needs and delight our consumers.
• Conceptual, data/details driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on.
• A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
• Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
• Open to travel for the job.
We welcome you to a dynamic and innovative environment with great innovations for you to work on.
This concerns a maternity leave replacement from 1 March – 31 August 2017.
You will be dedicated to a specific Value Proposition Creation project.
Philips Personal Health delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation Site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products in the areas of Mother & Child Care, Pain Relief, Skin Care and Personal Health Solutions. The site is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations and services, to the global market. At Innovation Site Eindhoven, improving well-being is our passion, creating awesome consumer experiences through real-life solutions. We are an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different.
A key department in this site is Product Research, Consumer Care and Clinical. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight consumers better than competition and live up to Philips’ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from Insight generation / concept development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers, Clinical Scientists and Consumer Care experts.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-55724609
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.