Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
Within the Software group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Embedded Software Designer who will develop the embedded application software for current and future Philips products.
As a Senior Embedded Software Designer you are responsible for:
- Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
- The design, realization, integration, and test of embedded systems or subsystems
- Inspiring and supporting your engineering team
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
- Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We are looking for
- You have a Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
- Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Experience with C/C++ programming language
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Strong technical skills and hands-on experience in Embedded SW development.
- Preferably scrum master experience
This role will appeal to you if you ….
• Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
• Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
• Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across Philips, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.