Als HBO/WO Autotechniek of Werktuigbouwkundige toe aan een volgende uitdaging?
Over de functie
SABIC FRT (Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic) is seeking a high energy, goal-focused individual who is knowledgeable in application development using continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastics, and has leadership and communication skills needed to help our global business achieve its goals. In your role you’ will be developing a thorough understanding of applications where pressure vessels and pipes are being used. As senior application engineer you will be part of the technology team and report to the technology director. The technology team is targeting the development of a (continuous fiber) thermoplastic composite materials, its manufacturing processes and its application, by using state of the art innovative manufacturing processes and working closely with leading industry partners to meet our customers’ demands. It does so in close co-operation with the business development team and product developers. The team continues to expand and grow with main office in Lelystad, The Netherlands.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
- Generate a sound understanding of applications requirements where pressure vessels and pipers are being used;
- Translating those requirements into innovative product offerings;
- Identifying innovative processes & partners that convert our materials into applications;
- Recommendation of optimizing our existing portfolio and/or development of new materials;
- Specifying, selecting, and implementing new test methods, either internally or externally, that will allow quick evaluation of materials for pressure vessel and pipe applications;
- Working closely with the business development team to develop differentiating product offerings;
- Document work and present both internally and externally;
- Leading customer projects related to pressure vessels and pipes;
- Evaluating our product effectiveness and improving that;
- Reacting to customer problems and solving them;
- Facilitate and guide product launch at the customer.
- Minimum MSc in Material Science or Mechanical/Industrial engineering or relevant field, with minimum 5-10 years of industry experience in product development (and preferably pressure vessel and pipes);
- Good understanding of application development, preferably using thermoplastics composites;
- Experience with bringing new products to the market;
- Experience in customer support and related problem solving;
- Experience with processing continuous fiber reinforcement strongly desired;
- Knowledge in statistical analysis techniques is desired; experience with Lean Six Sigma is preferred;
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and simultaneously deliver on multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills;
- Strict adherence to company EHS policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated documentation and presentation skills;
- Availability for travel up to 40%.
We offer a dynamic position within a Global Brand Sabic but in a start-up setting like we have. You will have a lot of responsibilities and ownership in fullfilling this position.
SABIC’s Fibre Reinforced Thermoplastics (FRT) business is a SABIC affiliate company, based in Lelystad, The Netherlands. SABIC FRT focuses on development, manufacturing and commercialization of unidirectional (UD) tapes based on glass and carbon fiber-reinforced thermoplastics. SABIC FRT offers engineered thermoplastic UD tape products across a wide variety of industries, ranging from building and construction to transportation. SABIC FRT business maintains the engineering, manufacturing and slitting capabilities needed to design and develop practical solutions for our customers’ composite applications.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Frans Berkien via telefoonnummer 06-57569914
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.