We are looking for an experienced Safety Compliance & Regulatory manager
Over de functie
The challenge is to take innovative consumer products to the market, in a competitive environment.
You are responsible for informing the product development teams what standards and policies the products need comply to, supporting the project team in doing safety risk analysis, and ensuring that the right compliance evidence is in place before release to market.
The focus is the Mother & Childcare business, specifically childcare articles and food contact products.
As a Safety & Compliance manager you will:
• Lead all safety/regulatory affairs to ensure that the products/business comply with all regulatory requirements and Philips policies
• Manage safety and approbation teams/labs/activities
• Carry out root cause analysis in case of safety and non-compliances according 8D approach
• Implement all relevant regulatory requirements in development projects, OEM ODM products and verify and validate designs regarding these requirements
• Facilitate risk assessments
• Lead projects with significant Safety and Regulatory content
• Represent Philips Consumer Lifestyle in international regulatory bodies on specific subjects
• Establish relationships with certification bodies worldwide (such as Dekra or UL) and coordinate the approbation process via these certification bodies
• Report and discuss trends in product roadmaps that could require pro-actively lobbying or building up knowledge about requirement or establishing relationships with authorities and/or certification bodies
We are looking for
• Academic degree in Biomedical, Material, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or equivalent by proven experience
• Proven track record (?5 yrs.) in product development of durable consumer products (specifically Toy/Childcare articles and /or foodcontact
• Experience in Safety & Compliance domains in international, multi-disciplinary, consumer product development projects.
• Proven analytic capabilities and product knowledge
• A network oriented mindset and ability to interact with all business functions at all levels
• Project management experience/skills
• Conceptual, analytically strong, data driven, and also hands-on personality
• A strong leader and a team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes
• Courageous and able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally
• Always looking for perfection. You don't accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Philips Personal Health is one of two sectors within Royal Philips, delivering Personal Health and Wellbeing solutions. This sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that support wellbeing.
The Innovation Site Eindhoven (ISE) delivers Innovation and Development of medical and non-medical devices to the Personal Health business. ISE is responsible for product research, development, industrialization and post market activities.
The ISE Quality and Regulatory team ensures that all products meet relevant regulations and standards, performance and reliability requirements and Philips policies. The Safety & Compliance Manager ensures that the products that are developed meet both internal and external standards and regulations, and that the products are safe to use for the most vulnerable end-users (babies and infants).
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.