We are hiring !
Over de functie
As a Principal Sustaining Engineer you are responsible for release, specification, product design, and support of components and subassemblies of PPE’s products. Makes sure the components and subassemblies comply with functional, cost and manufacturability requirements. In this role you will report to the Sustaining Engineering Teamleader.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Provide leadership and technical assistance for continuous improvement, Value Analysis/Value Engineering activities and resolving complex quality issues for released products and manufacturing processes using structured, data-driven tools and techniques such as FMEA, 8D, and Six Sigma;
- Prove the design meets specifications and customer expectation through creation and execution of test plans, with results documented in test reports;
- Work collaboratively with team members and customers to develop engineering calculations, test plan, to improve the design / process;
- Verify/ troubleshoot designs and processes through engineering calculations, modelling and/or simulation;
- Develop and implement design and process changes in order to improve product quality and/or reduce cost;
- Handle internal and external communication with respect to complex issues.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience;
- Recognized authority regarding Continuous Improvement / Problem-Solving, requiring thorough knowledge of FMEA tools /8D Tools;
- Experience/knowledge in the Automotive industry is a strong plus;
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes and related technology.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as a minimum in Dutch and English. German is a plus;
- Strong Leadership / Communication skills;
- Knowledge of CAD tools (Solid works)
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, we offer challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. we supplie specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. We develop, assemble and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEMs and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, we are part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Natascha Huurman via telefoonnummer 06-23609820
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.