If you like to work in an international environment, this is the place to be!
Over de functie
For an innovative software developing company in the Amsterdam area, we're looking for an experienced DevOps system engineer.
As a DevOps Engineer you are responsible for the solution design, development, implementation, quality, scaling and performance of our products and internal processes. You work on Jira for sprint planning, TeamCity and Octopus for continuous integration and you do features validation with your squad.
In the morning you check the monitors and logs (NewRelic) and act on it. Then you check if the application is on optimal performance and you walk past the contact center and see if there are any outstanding requests. If everything is OK then you will go to the Jira board, prioritize your work based on business value and pick up your next task which could be one of the following:
- support for developers/testers;
- 3rd line support for customers;
- automate processes (deployments, set-ups, configurations etc.) to create a consistent environment;
- troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network;
- on thursdays you take care of weekly deployments (after the release you monitor if all lights stay green and take ownership over potential live issues);
- be in contact with the data centers;
- or you can be meeting up with some of the other colleagues to spar on designing a solution for our fast growing environment;
- Bachelor level (diploma is a plus)
- Windows server experience (2008-2012)
- VMware experience
- Scripting (Powershell) experience
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with an agile environment is a plus
- Having a flexible mindset is a must
- Permanent position (first 6 months will be via Yacht)
- Good base salary
- Opportunity to grow and develop yourself in a scale up environment
- Good secondary benefits
- Great culture - don't miss out on the company ski trip!
Our client is an innovative software developing company in the Amsterdam area. They work according to Agile principles and teams are self-steering squads. They highly value employee development and offer coaching and training on the job.
The fun factor is high, there are company trips and lot's of 'gezelligheid'!
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Marc Jacobs via telefoonnummer 06-22839856
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.