Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
Are you excited by innovation and new developments for the consumer market and do you want to be part of a new team with exciting challenges, this might be the opportunity you are looking for!
This company delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is sense and simplicity, meaning that our products are designed around the consumer, advanced and easy to experience. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
The growing innovation site for medical B2C products is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Healthtech. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions.
You will be part of project teams and directly reporting to product architect and/or lead designer. You will be responsible for creating / updating / maintaining the technical product documentation in the development, realization and lifecycle phases of innovative products. Within this role you will be linked to our innovation area.
- Responsible for creating and managing the configuration of products and maintaining the Technical Product Documentation in our product life cycle Data Management system
- You optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams and/or existing technical product documentations by being a member of the technical project team and in contact with both the sales and manufacturing organizations.
- You support the Lifecycle Management Teams by analyzing product’s issues in the market (root-cause analysis of both production problems and consumer complaints) and taking corrective actions if required, and by defining / executing changes required for new special editions of existing products.
- You define, create, update and maintain the technical product documentation including 3-D models and 2-Ddrawings, BOM structure, design history files of those products
- You proof, that any design changes meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc. (with the support of the Architect / Lead Designer is needed)
- Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
- Estimate and Manage the workload of other product developers and / or technical documentalist
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 to 10 years of relevant engineering experience is required in the fields like consumer goods, fast moving goods, toys, automotive, consumer electronic devices, medical devices.
- Track record of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase
- Design of injection-molded & elastomeric parts
- Capable to select materials based on their properties
- Part & component design for mechanical and thermal performance
- Capable to understand tolerances analysis and calculate tolerance chains
- Aware of general design rules regarding plastic parts and DIN tolerances
- Track record in communication with suppliers for manufacturing, cost estimation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for reporting project status & conducting design reviews
- Fluent in English (writing and talking)
- Track record in using Pro-Engineer and Windchill.
- Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma methodology.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer +31 0653815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.