Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
Over de functie
Do you want to accelerate the creation of the Internet of Things and the dramatic impact it will have on the economy, science and society as a whole?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing connected solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
Can you shape how Philips establishes a common software platform that accelerates the development of digital solutions across the company?
Can you shape how Philips delivers and supports digital propositions to customers to achieve these ambitions?
- Responsible and recognized tooling expert in the area of configuration management
- Provides operational support to the Philips businesses regarding use of our digital platform and it’s components when they are developing their digital products
- Contributes to engineering projects in technological decisions regarding use and configuration of sw tooling
- Identifies and proposes opportunities / improvements for the business regarding use and configuration of sw tooling in relation to our digital platform
- Technically drives and implements these improvements in co-operation with others
- Builds and maintains an in- and external network of peers resulting in knowledge sharing and alignment of solutions
- Understands how his field of expertise relates to the other disciplines in the organization
- Co-operates with experts in other disciplines;
- Provides effective solutions and support taking the viewpoint of his customers into account
- Performs, leads and reports on feasibility studies regarding sw tooling
- Translate business requirements, using domain know-how, in technical solutions for processes, tool and applications
- Peer-reviews relevant documents
- Draws up his/her personal schedule and reports on progress
- Responsible for further building up and maintenance of his know-how
- Participates in effort estimation by defining and estimating work-break-downs
- Performs his/her work in line with the processes and guidelines of the organization
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Are curious, open and feel at home in an international environment
- Have an affinity with innovative, digital proposition-oriented projects
Necessary know-how / skills
- Master’s degree in relevant field of expertise
- Is able to communicate about his area of expertise in business terms
- Has gained experience in relevant areas of software development and associated tooling (Jenkins, TFS, Artifactory, Continuous Integration and Test Automation, …)
- Clear communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively through written communication
- Has good influencing skills across organizational layers
- Outstanding problem solving skills in the field of expertise
- Must be flexible, dependable, and able to multi-task with priority
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with global teams across Philips, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
Philips aims to improve the lives of 3 billion people by 2025. To accomplish this goal, Philips is revolutionizing the way we look at healthcare systems by delivering innovation across the continuum of care. In this role, you will work on connected digital propositions that span all Philips businesses, driving programs that address healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care. You will collaborate closely with people from different cultural backgrounds, located all over the world, as if they were sitting next to you.
Our user centered connected propositions will contain re-usable components, within an increasingly open ecosystem, making full use of available connectivity standards and cloud services, to give people super powers. The Philips Connected Digital Platforms & Propositions team helps deliver best in class end to end solutions which include connected hardware, appliances, medical devices & wearables, development of best-in-class mobile apps across all major OS platforms, and development & integration with various backend cloud systems.
The team works according to Agile principles, following SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) processes. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-their-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
You will be part of the R&D division of Connected Digital Platforms & Propositions (CDP2) organization that is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). The R&D division has over 300 highly skilled people today, with a need to grow with more than 100 resources in 2016. It delivers world class engineering in the domains of connectivity engineering, mobile engineering, cloud engineering, agile operations, and integration & verification.
The R&D division has 2 locations in Eindhoven, the Netherlands and Bangalore, India. We support exploratory work with fast realization of prototypes and practice highly effective product development techniques to deliver the key propositions to the market. We have profound engineering knowledge of the most relevant coding platforms and standards, in combination with proven Agile collaboration methods and test-driven development.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer +31 610762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.