Yacht is in search for a senior solutions engineer within contract logistics
Over de functie
Are you a Senior Solutions Engineer with a logistics background? Do you have experience with designing / improving logistics / warehouse solutions and are you looking to work for our demanding High-tech customer across Europe? If so, we kindly invite you to apply.
You focus on data analysis and the development & recommendation of logistics and warehouse-oriented process improvements, solution design and/or cost savings opportunities within supply chain management with a focus on supply chain as it relates to logistics and/or warehouse costs.
The Solution Engineer Sr. requires knowledge of Logistics analysis and Warehouse process analysis to develop creative, yet implementable, solutions to our customer’s day to day problems. You will help to lead change using a process oriented, data driven, and customer focused approach. You will be team oriented with strong organization skills and the ability to support multiple tasks.
Within your role you apply principals, concepts, practices and standards of a professional field to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects. Analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of issues. Impacts team effectiveness through responsibility for the quality of own work and potentially the work of others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collecting and analyzing data for modeling, network optimization and/or supply chain redesign purposes as a result of new business opportunities or existing customer requests.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task responsibilities
• Attending weekly meetings to keep functional leads updated on current projects and timelines associated
• Fully and accurately define consumer products supply chain requirements and solution approach while ensuring the gathering of accurate information and performing detailed solution design. Leverage, share and build knowledge of the consumer products market.
• Strong systems aptitude and must be proficient and able to perform various analyses in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
• Daily interaction with internal and external customers is required to ensure expectations are being met.
• Interaction with Management to review metrics and discuss opportunities is also required.
• Maintain documentation of processes that are followed by the department. Prepare documentation pertaining to account requirements and update as needed to meet changes in customer requirements, and/or changes in processes defined by our client.
• Undergraduate degree required; suggested field of study: B.A./B.S. in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, or Logistics Management (or other technical and/or analytical discipline)
• Master’s Degree desirable; suggested field of study: Logistics, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering
• 4 - 5 years’ experience of logistics engineering, consulting in Logistics / Supply chain is desired.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
• Understanding of Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Management
• Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma / Continuous Improvements methodologies
• Previous experience with data modeling a plus
• Excellent oral/written communication skills, experience in preparing and presenting presentations. (MS Word and/or MS PowerPoint)
• Previous experience Warehouse Management Systems is required!
An attractive and competitive package, a learning environment, with a focus on continuous improvement and lean. And a challenging international work environment.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Stefanie Potjes - Rapp via telefoonnummer 06-15874903
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.