“You can’t teach employees to smile. They have to smile before you hire them.”
Over de functie
We have a position for a talented senior software engineer and scrum master with team lead ambitions in the application software team in Eindhoven (part of ASG). The software engineer will lead an enthusiastic team focusing on solutions for the life sciences market, where a new era for electron microscopy is coming up (seehttp://www.nature.com/nmeth/focus/moy2015/index.html).
As a senior software engineer and scrum master you will be responsible for the full software development cycle of new features, product enhancement and maintenance of our applications.
Your assignment will be a mixture of the following activities:
- Creating user stories out of high level requirements and features together with product owner and technical lead
- Create designs based on a full comprehension of the requirements, purpose and application of the product
- Hands-on development and integration of software components.
- Troubleshooting and debugging of application issues in a simulation environment as well as on the TEM microscope systems available within R&D.
- Together with technical lead responsible for technical debt management and team focus on quality.
- Work with the team to refine user stories, identify risks, provide estimates and plan achievable release targets.
- Lead all aspects of the agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Responsible for sprint deliveries and project tracking, including identifying and resolving risks
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary, technical environment to solve complex technical (software) challenges. If you enjoy the development of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical discipline.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
- Experience in multi-cultural environments
- Demonstrated leadership and fluent communication skills
- Must demonstrate clear ability to develop application software automating complex, high-performance systems
- Eager to learn TEM domain specific knowledge and not afraid to test your software on a TEM systems yourself
- Focus on quality, but also able to be a pragmatic issue solver where needed
- Up-to-date C#/.NET development experience
- Unit testing, TDD
- Agile/Scrum development process (leading role)
- Object oriented programming and design patterns
- Windows OS
- Experience with C++, (ATL) COM, and C# interoperability
- Development experience with Image processing/pattern recognition in applications
- Experience with multi-site development
- A team player with good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Value oriented, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Result oriented
- Proactive and initiative-taking attitude
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
Yacht is a premium contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology.
When applying, together with your resume send a motivation for the position you apply on.
Dutch residence or at least European work experience is a big plus.
This position is a direct at FEI itself for which Yacht manages the recruitment
Introduction, the World needs answers
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further than FEI. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. There’s an enormous variety of applications of our tools for our customers! From research to create better medicines and finding a cure for cancer, to examining how the structure of wafers are build up and how the paint of a sport car can be improved! It's just a small grip out of these varieties.
Check out these video’s
- FEI’s corporate organization https://www.fei.com/about-fei/
- FEI's Life Sciences business https://www.fei.com/life-sciences/
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rene Brands via telefoonnummer +31 6 2489 4626
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.