Do you have a passion for product development and the drive to deliver innovative lighting solutions that matter to our customers?
Over de functie
For the Development Group in Winterswijk we are looking for an Industrial Product Designer (IPO) or Mechanical Engineer with a couple of years of experience in product development. The essence of the job is to specify, develop, validate and release mechanical products and modules being part of lighting solutions in compliance with all requirements, norms and standards.
The candidate will become a member of a multidisciplinary project team and will contribute to the development of new LED products. The specific projects are in an early phase, in which market requirements and technical options will be shaped and developed in parallel. The candidate therefore needs to be able to cope with general requirements, able to think conceptual and to generate technical solutions, using his technical expertise.
- Review the mechanical requirements for products, modules and components to be developed and give feedback regarding feasibility
- Develop mechanical concepts in line with the requirements and safeguard the functionality, performance, costs, quality, reliability, safety and produce-ability of products, modules and components, using techniques like DfSS, Value Engineering, tolerance analysis, DfA and FMEA
- Ensure re-use of components where possible
- Document technical specifications into a complete Technical Product Documentation and support the release of components, modules and of the total product
- Ensure consistency of mechanical solutions within and if possible beyond application clusters (standardization and rationalization of technical solutions)
- Contribute to improvement of the existing product portfolio e.g. by supporting competition and benchmarking activities, by reviewing technological knowledge generated by other Philips departments or suppliers and by keeping up to date with technological trends and staying in touch with front end innovation activities
- Master in Industrial Product Design (IPO) or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience in product development
- Experienced in using CAD tools, preferably Solid Edge
- Having an understanding of innovation tools like DfSS, DFA, FMEA and value engineering
- Understanding different prototyping and manufacturing techniques like sheet metal processing, injection moulding, extrusion, digital manufacturing and 3D printing.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
You will become a member of the Development Group in Winterswijk. This team creates professional lighting solutions for indoor applications like offices, hospitals, shops, warehouses and industrial applications. The team is strong in developing LED powered products and is rapidly strengthening its capabilities in delivering intelligent lighting systems. Recent achievements are the introduction of new LED product families like the SmartBalance (a family of products combining high performance with an elegant design), the TrueLine, PowerBalance Tunable White and also the launch of new lighting systems like the Pacific LED green parking system, the GreenWarehouse and the connected lighting system.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Natascha Huurman via telefoonnummer 06-23609820
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.