When one door closes, another opens.
Over de functie
As an experienced, talented and motivated Software Test Engineer, you will participate in challenging, innovative and multidisciplinary development projects. You will contribute to leading technologies for complete multidisciplinary products in evolving or emerging businesses for high tech or healthcare solutions. These may relate to digital pathology solutions, personal health solutions, wearables and connected health devices, appliances, connected lighting, the Cloud or mobile solutions.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer who has expertise in the verification and validation of high tech systems and perhaps also with medical devices. You will be willing to take up challenging assignments in a global environment. As part of an international and Agile development team, you will work closely with developers and test automation engineers.
The Software Test Engineer will prepare and execute system level tests for both functional and non-functional aspects (including the analysis and submission of identified problems). The Software Test Engineer will prepare, execute and/or support objective, reproducible and maintainable system level tests (system integration, verification and validation tests) by using test design methods, techniques and tools. The Software Test Engineer will define requirements and the approach to be taken to test automation at system level.
More specifically, you will:
- Write test specifications based on system requirements.
- Execute tests during several phases of a project.
- Assist development where possible in the analysis of reported PRs/CRs
- Based upon knowledge/test experience, extend a set of test cases and set up new test specifications.
- Translate test strategy within your domain area into technical solutions for testing.
- If necessary, perform feasibility studies with respect to testing as well as for functional and non-functional items.
- Perform studies and make recommendations with respect to usage of new test techniques, methods and tools.
- Provide Test Manager with proper test approach information with respect to technical implementation.
- Determine the technical approach of tests within the project (test design).
- Execute test design activities within the project in order to select and apply test methods and techniques to design test specifications and related test scripts.
- Specify requirements for system test tools, to support automated testing but also test engineering in general.
- Review requirements and design specifications with respect to the system’s testability.
- BSc degree in electronics/electrical/mechanical engineering with a broad technical understanding and interest (required)
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience as a tester of high tech systems
- ISEB or ISTQB foundation level certified, or similar
- Strong drive to achieve quality and the ability to handle cultural differences and foreign development teams
- Proven experience with Agile/Scrum
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Experienced with HP Quality Center/HP ALM (advantage)
- Understands the hardware/software development lifecycle (advantage)
- Knowledge of test processes, strategies & techniques (required) as well as regulatory rules (advantage)
- Experience with medical devices (advantage)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Please contact me at +31 6 1076 2567 or email@example.com.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.